- The lyric "downtown" is also referenced in "Downtown."
- Animals are also mentioned in "Animal" and "WooHoo."
- A gold trans am is mentioned in "Gold Trans Am" and "Thinking of You."
"Take It Off" was written by Ke$ha, alongside Dr. Luke and Claude Kelly. It was recorded at Conway Recording Studios in Los Angeles, California, and at Dr. Luke's studio in that same city. The song was produced by Luke with vocal editing done by Emily Wright. During an interview with Esquire magazine Ke$ha was asked about her song writing process and used "Take It Off" as an example of how her songs come to fruition. She explained that the song came about when she was out one night and was visiting a transsexual bar, stating, "I have a song called 'Take It Off' about when I went to a drag show, and how really turned on I was by these transvestite men taking clothes off. I was like, What does that even make me?".
- 3:35 - Official version
- 3:35 - Instrumental version
- 3:35 - Acapella version
The original video for "Take It Off" premiered on August 3, 2010. It was directed by Paul Hunter and Dori Oskowitz. Ke$ha revealed the main idea behind the video in an interview explaining that "[the video was] about [her] and all [her] hot vampire babe friends breaking into a hotel on another planet, and at the end we all turn into this beautiful stardust. Once you take it all off, all your inhibitions, your clothes, we're all made up of the same thing." She explained that she did not want the video to just be about "Taking it off", that the message behind the video and the theme wasn't "just about taking off your clothes and rolling in glitter. It's also about taking off your inhibitions and being raw and real".
K$ N' Friends versionEdit
The video is intended to look 80s themed with inspiration drawing from movies of that time. The song's second video was released via Ke$ha's YouTube account. She revealed the video's completion, release and inspiration through a video description quote saying, "heyy to all my fans! so me [and] my friends were bored and we were really channeling some 80's [inspiration] (Tron, David Bowie in Labyrinth, and Revenge of the Nerds.) and we made this new video for take it off. it was really fun to make. i hope you guys like it". The video was directed by Skinny. This version of the video is known as "Take It Off (K$ N' Friends Version)".The video has since been removed.
- Ascap Work ID: 880839155
- BMI | Repertoire
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20110611051515/http://www.esquire.com/the-side/qa/kesha-pics-081309?click=main_sr
- ↑ http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/kesha-comes-to-marquee-theatre-talks-roadkill-glitter-and-snl-6592662
- ↑ http://www.mtv.com/news/1644174/keha-strips-down-and-glitters-up-in-take-it-off-video/
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20101008201657/http://nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/like_burning_releases_take_it_off_KV11xO4sfT0KUlH99wkPc